Terms of Service
Last Updated: 1st November 2023
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Novels GG service ("Novels GG", "we", or "us") and our website novels.gg along with other related services provided by us (collectively, our "Service"). These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and Novels GG regarding your use of the Service.
1. Novels GG Service Overview:
Novels GG operates and maintains an online literature platform which provides online reading and distribution services.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Service.
- You have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service.
- Your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- If you are using the Service on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization.
3. Accounts and Registration: To access most features of the Service, you must register for an account.
- When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your email address or other contact information.
- You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Limited License: Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Novels GG grants you, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to:
- Access and read the content available on the Novels GG platform through the web interface.
- Create and maintain a personal profile on Novels GG.
- Participate in interactive features, such as commenting, liking, and reviewing content.
- Submit your own original literary works to the Novels GG platform for public display, subject to the User Content terms in Section 5.
License Restrictions: Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not:
- Reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Service;
- Make modifications to the Service
- Interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Service, including any security or access control mechanism. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Service, you may not use it.
5. User Content:
- User Content Generally: Certain features of the Service may permit users to upload content to the Service, including original literary works (such as fictions, novels, stories, etc.), suggestions, messages, comments, reviews, photos, images, data, text, and other types of works ("User Content") and to publish User Content on the Service. You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
- Limited License Grant to Novels GG: By posting or publishing User Content, you grant Novels GG a worldwide and non-exclusive right and license to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, transmit, broadcast, modify (which is made solely for the purpose of formatting for display), and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats only through our Services.
- Limited License Grant to Other Users: By posting or sharing User Content with other users of the Service, you grant those users a non-exclusive license to access and use that User Content as permitted by these Terms and the functionality of the Service.
User Content Representations and Warranties: You are solely responsible for any User Content that you post or publish on the Service, and you are responsible for the consequences of posting or publishing such User Content. By posting or publishing User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- You are the creator or owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize Novels GG and users of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this section, in the manner contemplated by Novels GG, the Service, and these Terms;
- Your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not:
- Infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person;
- or any other Novels GG policies or guidelines to which your User Content is subject;
- Cause Novels GG to violate any law or regulation.
- User Content Disclaimer: We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. Novels GG may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Service you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Novels GG does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed in any User Content. You agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against Novels GG with respect to User Content. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, Novels GG does not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Service.
6. Prohibited Conduct: By using the service you agree NOT to:
- Use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
- Violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right.
- Post, upload, or distribute any User Content or other content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by:
- Disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content
- Reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law
- Interfere with the operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by:
- Uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code
- Making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service
- Attempting to collect personal information about another user or third party without consent
- Interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any such network, equipment, or server
- Perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth
- Sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 11) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Material;
- Solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their User Content;
- Attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 8, or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 6.
7. Third-Party Services and Linked Websites: Novels GG may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third party services, including through features that allow you to link your account on Novels GG with an account on the third party service, such as Google, Twitter, Facebook, or through our implementation of third party buttons (such as "like" or "share" buttons). By using one of these tools, you agree that we may transfer that information to the applicable third-party service. Third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for any third party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. Linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content.
8. Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service: You may terminate your account at any time by contacting customer service at [email protected]. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission from us to use the Service will terminate automatically. In addition, Novels GG may in its sole discretion terminate your user account on the Service or suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service.
- Additional Terms: Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the "Additional Terms"), such as rules that applicable to a particular feature or content on the Service, subject to Section 12. All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
10. Modification of these Terms: We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
11. Ownership; Proprietary Rights: The Service is owned and operated by Novels GG. The compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service ("Materials") provided by Novels GG are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Service are the property of Novels GG. Except as expressly authorized by Novels GG, you may not make use of the Materials. Novels GG reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
12. Feedback: If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service ("Feedback"), then you hereby grant Novels GG an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
13. Indemnity: You are responsible for your use of the Service, and you will defend and indemnify Novels GG and its related stakeholders ("Novels GG Entities") from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with:
- your access to, use of, or alleged use of, the Service
- your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation
- your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right
- any dispute or issue between you and any third party
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
14. Disclaimers; No Warranties:
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE NOVELS GG ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE NOVELS GG ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE NOVELS GG ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER SERVICE USER, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE, AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THAT MATERIAL OR CONTENT.
15. Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT WILL THE NOVELS GG ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY NOVELS GG ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.